March 23, 2020
In light of the rapidly evolving situation related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have additional updates to share. While our desire is to sustain as much of the season as possible, our priority remains the health and safety of our community. Below is a summary of updates and potential contingency plans:
World Long Drive Tour
- The Exchange Celebrating Service: Fort Jackson Tour event scheduled for May 17-19 in Columbia, S.C., is postponed. Make-up dates will be published when closer to the sport resuming play.
Q-Series (North America)
- The Q-Series scheduled for May 14-15 in Columbia, South Carolina, is postponed.
- To ensure flexibility and equitable access to future Q-Series events, as well as our desire to not hold Hitter’s entry fees during this time of uncertainty, we will enact the following:
- All Q-Series registrations from Columbia through Salt Lake City (final Q-Series event) will be refunded automatically in the next 7-10 days (no further action is needed for your refund).
- All registrations for the remaining Q-Series events for the season will be suspended.
- When registration re-opens, you can expect significant modifications to the process (ex. limit on spots, date changes, location changes, etc.) and all will need re-register. Timing of this could be weeks or more depending on the global situation with the virus. The main purpose for these proposed registration changes is to provide the fairest opportunity to compete for as many Hitters as possible.
- A “Last Chance” qualifier is an option being evaluated depending on when play resumes
- We will monitor when events will resume and adjust contingencies accordingly
Military Long Drive Qualifiers
- The following Military Long Drive qualifiers have been postponed:
- Miramar (Marines) – March 21
- Nellis Air Force Base – April 4
- Fort Bliss – April 4
- Fort Belvoir (Army) – April 11
- Fort Jackson (Army) – April 18 ** Re-scheduled to June 13
- Fort Sill (Army) – April 20
- NOTE: Please visit the Military Long Drive qualifier web page, as information may be updated frequently on other postponements https://www.worldlongdrive.com/2020-military-qualifiers/
World Ranking Points
- World Ranking Points – will be temporarily frozen from March 12, 2020, until further notice. No points will drop off during this period.
We will continue to provide updates through the WLD social media channels. Stay safe, and thank you in advance for everyone’s understanding as we all tackle this together.
WLD Executive Director