« Return to All Players
From: London, England
Date of Birth: August 30, 1989
Weight: 210 lb
Instructor: Lee Cox
Driver: Krank X
Shaft: Fujikura Groove
Longest Distance (Yard/Inches): 402 yards (Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun, 2019)
|Aug. 12||Tennessee Big Shots||Quarterfinals|
|July 24||ROC City Rumble||Quarterfinals|
|June 5||Atlantic City Boardwalk Bash||Round of 54|
|May 7||Exchange: Fort Jackson||Round of 32|
|April 16||Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun||Round of 16|
- First got into long drive two years ago. Hadn’t picked up a club for two years prior and hit it 390 in the simulator. Lee Cox now his coach (same as Joe Miller). Was swinging 139mph out of the gate, then had to retool swing for WLD.
- June 2017 in second-ever long drive event he beat Tim Burke in Round of 16; lost to Will Hogue in Quarters by 2 yards. Realized he belonged amongst the best in the sport.
- Won Dubai long drive event and Germany LD Championship in 2018; Dubai in 2018; runner-ups too (German Open, England) and third in China. First time competing in U.S. was 2018 Worlds. Won his group in Round of 96, then didn’t get through to Round of 16. Gave him hunger to get better, faster, stronger. Compared to 2018: “completely different player in best way possible.”
- Goals for 2019: to win WLD event; break into top-10 in world; In the mix to win worlds.
- Lived in St Andrews since 7-years-old, before moving to London five years ago. Played St Andrews courses at least once a week. Grew up a 3 minute walk from 18 green at the Old Course. Never been to The Open when staged at St Andrews. Drove it to the front edge of the green on the road hole (No. 17) once – was about 20 years old.
- First started playing golf at age 3 with a wooden-shafted iron (relic). Great family lineage in golf. Great-great uncle is Freddie Tait. British Amateur champion (1896, 1898). Grandfather and uncle also played in British Amateur. Dad played cricket at high level.
- Tried to compete on mini tours in Florida about five years ago. Also played rugby prior to that, and was an indoor and outdoor high jump champion in school growing up.